Israeli Health Ministry says that so far 908 wounded people have been taken to Israeli hospitals. Officials said earlier that almost 40 people have died.
Israel’s Prime Minister has declared his country at war. “Citizens of Israel, we are at war – not in an operation, not in rounds – at war,” he said in a video message.
The Israeli Defense Forces confirmed that the death toll has risen to 350 since Hamas launched its surprise attack.
At least 313 Palestinians have been killed and around 1900 wounded, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
An Israeli rescue service, Zaka, says that the attack by Hamas has left at least 200 people dead and 1100 people were wounded in the attack that took Israel by surprise.
Israel has been carrying out airstrikes in the Gaza region since the attack that began early Saturday morning.
Hamas also declared that almost 100 rockets had been fired at the Israeli city of Sderot on Sunday. Hamas fighters still remain in the southern Israeli cities of Sderot, Ofakim, Kfar Aza, Yated, Kissufim, and Yad Mordechai.
Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari confirmed the hostage situation and the fighting in Ofakim and Beeri towns.
The unprecedented assault has raised questions about how Israel’s security services were caught off guard. It is considered one of the deadliest attacks against Israel in decades.