0x0 0x0 is a common error for Windows users. This error might occur due to faulty system settings, incorrect input on your device, and others. For your device to function smoothly, you need to fix this error. You could also be getting this error as a result of incorrectly installing an application.
If you are getting a 0x0 0x0 error, then you can manually solve the issue, without technical help.
What Is Error Code 0x0?
The 0x0 0x0 is an error code that gives you information about a certain malfunction in your system, including which app is not functioning well, etc. It is a very common error on Windows 10.
This error might appear on multiple locations across your system depending upon the extent of the damage. You will most often encounter these errors in files such as DCD_SQLSERVERapplication-name.
What causes 0x0 0x0 Error code?
Here are a few common reasons behind the Error code 0x0 0x0:
- If you are getting a 0x0 0x0 error code, it might mean that you have installed a software or application incorrectly.
- It can also result due to incorrect entries made in your Windows registry file.
- You can also get the error code when you incorrectly shut down your PC due to power failure, or more.
- It could also be due to malware or virus.
If you are receiving the 0x0 0x0 error, you should not ignore it and you should follow the steps explained in this blog to fix it. If it still remains, you can seek professional help to deal with it because 0x0 0x0 error might cause data loss if untreated.
Other Methods to Fix the Error Code 0x0 0x0
If you have tried the steps above and the 0x0 0x0 still persists, you can try other methods as mentioned below. However, keep in mind, if you don’t have basic technical knowledge, you should seek out professional help, as some of these methods could tamper with your Windows system files if not properly followed.
Here are some easy ways to fix the Windows Error Code 0x0 0x0.
Method 1: Close programs that are causing the issue
You might be getting the 0x0 0x0 error because of two conflicting programs that are interfering with one another. Here’s how you can close such programs and applications:
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del simultaneously.
- It will open the Task Manager where you will be able to see a list of running applications.
- Stop all apps one by one by clicking the End Process option at the bottom of the window.
- Keep a check on the error notice for recurrence.
- Once you know which app is creating the issue, you can move to the next stage in the troubleshooting process.
- Once you have identified the faulty app, you need to uninstall and reinstall the app again.
Method 2: Run Disk Cleanup
Another way to fix the error 0x0 0x0 is by running disk cleanup. Sometimes an app might be causing the error due to a shortage of space on your PC. Make sure to back up all your data before cleaning up your hard disk.
Once you are done with the cleanup, you can restart your PC and see if the error is fixed.
Method 3: Reinstall the Graphics Driver
You might also be getting the 0x0 0x0 error code because of the faulty graphics driver. If that is the case, you will need to uninstall and reinstall your graphic driver. You can find the graphic driver in the Device Manager.
Right-click on the graphics driver to uninstall it. Select uninstall option to confirm.
Method 4: Update your Windows Software
Sometimes, 0x0 0x0 error is also caused by viruses or malware on your PC. In this case, you might need to update your software and install reliable anti-virus software as well. Make sure to always keep your Windows software up-to-date to avoid viruses.
You can also secure your PC by using a VPN. A Virtual Private Network also protects against malware and viruses by passing your internet traffic through an encrypted tunnel.
So in this guide, we have explained 5 ways to fix the 0x0 0x0 Error code. You can fix the code by:
- Scanning your PC
- Close programs that are causing issues
- Run a disk cleanup
- Reinstall graphics driver
- Update windows
Error code 0x0 0x0 is a very common error among Windows users. But, now you can fix it with simple solutions as mentioned above. If you have less technical knowledge, you can always ask for professional help to solve the error. Hopefully, you find this guide useful.